Designing simple vehicles combines science, technology, engineering, art, and math by challenging students to design vehicles that will travel the furthest.
Measurement and Engineering Design
1. Four wheels
2. Axil (to fit wheels plus straw to go over axil)
3. Car body (cardboard)
4. Clips or tape
5. Glue stick
6. Three pieces of cardboard for ramps of varied heights
7. Tape measures
- K-2-ETS1 Engineering Design
- K-2-ETS1-1 Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- K-2-ETS1-2 Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
- K-2-ETS1-3 Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
Day 1 worksheet: Vehicle Design
Day 2 worksheet: Vehicle Redesign
You must be logged in to post a comment.