- What is the difference between place and value?
- How can we determine how many hundreds, tens, and ones are in a number?
About the activity:
Place Value Pictures provides an engaging way for students to work with hundreds, tens, and ones blocks in a way that combines math and art. it creates an interactive way for students to explore what builds larger numbers while giving students the opportunity to discover how to write a number that is composed of two tens and eleven ones (regrouping).
FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS
- How many blocks did you use to create your animal?
- How did you count the number of blocks?
- How could you create an animal to make it easiest to count?
- How did you count the total number used?
- What is the number in expanded form?
This was adapted from Georgia Department of Education