Math and loco-motor skills can be integrated into daily physical education using the ideas shared by Chris Hopper from Humboldt State University.
- Make Predictions! How many steps will you take as you walk 10, 25, and 50 yards?
- Do It! Each student walks various lengths of the field and records their data.
- DOWNLOAD DATA SHEET
- Group averages, variance in trials, mistakes, and data collection processes.
- For 10 yards each member predicts how many steps to:
- TAKE EXAGERATED STRIDES
- DO IT! Record data too.
- Skipping, sliding, jumping
- Walking shapes like squares, triangles, etc.